Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Surely

 Not happy, but still, I AM thankful.  I am thankful for terrible things, like: Aiden did not have to live any part of his life in a vegetative state, and that three peoples' lives were saved by the donation of his organs. I am thankful for regular things, like: hot water in my shower, Sirius radio in the car and DVR on the TV; and important things, like: Imitrex, friends and family, Muna's big house that allows us to all gather in a "The Relatives Came" sort of visit, weddings and babies, and a nice class of kids that I am glad to spend the day with.  I can recognize that yes, indeed, I am blessed.

Lauren "You're Not Listening To Me" Newkirk
(While the kids were here this weekend I caught Lauren sitting in front of Alex, with his face between her hands, staring into his eyes and saying to him, "Focus, Alex, focus, focus, focus!" Pretty sure he didn't have a choice.)

No comments: