Friday, July 10, 2009

Yep, he's definitely two. After two days of being so good for grandma and grandpa, Alex reverted to his typical two-year old behavior last night at the restaurant with his mom. (Note: very often we see that kids are good at school all day every day and act like brats when they get home, I theorize that it's because they feel safe enough at home to Let It All Out!).

Lacey said "I think that it's time to G-O." Alex said "Nooo G-O!"

Then Lacey said, "You must hold someone's hand in a parking lot. That's non-negotiable."
Amd Alex said, "Noooo gotiable!!!"

He was actually pretty good...not as bad as Sam and Aiden were in restaurants at this age...

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yeah, we had an interesting night. All the way home,(crying & screaming) "my turn snaps!" When we got home,(now yelling) "no home, grandpas!" He sat in the car for about 15 mins still strapped in, doors open, while I unpacked Lauren, etc. Finally, "Alex are you ready to come in and be a good boy?", "Ice cream? Okay!" Oh, Lord help me.

All followed by a couple time outs, a couple of spanks, some yelling (both of us) to be followed by ice cream, a happy bath and spooning on the couch watching The Office. Finally at 10 pm we called Daddy and we all walked to the bedroom (dad on speaker phone), got into bed, prayed with Daddy on the phone and he went to sleep. Forgetting everything by morning.

But the prayer went like this:
Dad- Dear God
Alex- Dear God
Dad- Thank you for mama
Alex- tank you dada
Dad-No, thank you for mama
Alex- tank you dada

He's such a punk sometimes.
finally after 5 or 6 rounds of thanking dada instead.
Alex-tank you mama newkirk
and then on and on with the prayer.

I wonder where he gets this impossible streak? Surely not my side.
Both Scott and Chris say I'm incorrigible. Alex must have gotten it too..

Thanks for taking him. I got more done than I thought I would. Want to do it again when Chris leaves next time??? :)

Love Me.