Friday, October 21, 2011

CM on A Gifted Man; astrocytoma on Grey's

I can't stop watching all my TV shows: House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, A Gifted Man--medical shows that always have an optimistic outcome and these days I keep waiting for them to JUST once have a realistic outcome.  I know, I know, who wants to watch a show that is supposed to be escapist fantasy and end up in a sad depressed puddle on the couch?  But it would make ME feel better to have those TV people deal with the really hard stuff...that thousands of us normal people have to figure out...how to keep going on when the outcome is tragic...When we discover we have no control and there isn't a miracle?

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Maybe the miracle is simply that we CAN keep going on. "Please to remember the fifth of November, gunpowder, treason, and plot" still sticks in my head as I approach the nineteenth anniversary. We never forget, but the pain becomes bearable...