Sunday, April 19, 2009

Someone listened

We had a great day yesterday, babysitting Lauren and Alex.  Before we went over there, we stopped by the new bagel place in town.  Baks town, not 'Hacahpi town.  It felt a little odd to drive through Oildale...19 years in kern County and it was my first visit...I felt like I should've brought my passport...but this place was worth the drive.  They make the bagels the right way, boil, then bake and Hugh, a fellow participant in my recent months long ordeal, listened to me when I told him about my favorite bagel, the salt bagel.  They have them!  Because I asked for them!  Yum.

7 comments:

CarGate said...

So kind of like a pretzel? ;)

Orange said...

yes. Only softer. And chewier. With cream cheese instead of mustard. But very similar.

Birgita said...

That is MY favorite bagel too!

mom said...

It6 is all about who you know.
Mom

Sheila said...

Even if I have to go through a foreign country, it'll be worth it to get a decent bagel -- how do I find this place???

Sheila said...

OK -- Even if I have to go through a foreign country, it can't be any harder than figuring out how blogs work. How do I get to this heavenly bagel place???

Sheila said...

See...I TOLD you I was lost!